The food industry is changing at a very fast pace and people seem to be very impressed by the practicality and the modernistic approach of the food industry. The food industry understands that it is not anymore about the candlelit dinners and going out with friends anymore. People want home-like ambience now where they can be themselves, have fun without burning that much of a hole in their pocket. It is not the time where people go out to have a hearty meal, the industry understands that the people put their convenience first as it is the time to eat at home and Netflix and chill.
Takeaway food and the benefits
This need is fulfilled by the food industry with a modern approach. They introduced the option of takeaway food where one can come to the restaurant, order food and take it away at home where they can eat it whenever they want. Takeaway food has its own perks.
- The foods are cheap
- They are high on taste
- The restaurants offer various options from where one can choose the item they are most eager to try.
- The variety of food gives them a sense of satisfaction.
- It is a satisfactory way for those who work out. They don’t have to cook after a tiring day.
Online food delivery system
Just like takeaway food, another method that the food industry introduced for the convenience of the consumer is the online ordering delivery system. It was started by a pizza store. The online delivery system allowed people to stay at home and order from their favourite restaurant whenever they want to from wherever they want. This became a huge success as people are using various online delivery platforms to deliver food as Uber eats, domino’s, deliveroo, Eat2Save etc. Many restaurants have partnered with this platform to deliver the food to their customer while many restaurants have opened their own delivery system directly. No third party involved.
The benefits of online food ordering
There are many benefits to this online delivery system.
- It saves time. People don’t have to go out anymore to get food. They can just order it from the phone.
- It saves energy. People don’t have to cook. Ordering online can be treated as a cheat way to what.
- More importantly. The food seems to be tasty. A tasty proper meal is what everybody seeks after a long tiring day.
- The wide range of selection from the menu seems to be more appealing to the eyes of the customer.
- The convenience level is optimum. Everyone wants those things that would offer them with what they require.
But not every time this system that the food industry has gifted us with is beneficial to us. They pose certain threats to us and our health too. We have to know the difference.
- Even though the food is tasty, the food cooked for takeaway or online food delivery are not that healthy. They are low on nutrients which at the end of the day won’t provide you with the needed amount of nutrients that your body requires.
- Your health can decrease. You may fall ill. Eating out too much can lead you to have a weak heart, diabetes along with other illness that might be severe.
- It leads to obesity. Obesity is one of the biggest reason why you should think twice before eating oily and greasy food.
How to save money while ordering food or on takeaway food
Not only this but this system is also burning a hole in your pocket. This is not only deteriorating your health but is also burning a hole in your pocket. Too much eating out means spending too much money. But you can save money while ordering food. Eat2Save has created a list of the way on how you can save money while taking away food or ordering online.
- Avoid ordering online: ordering online can be expensive. Apart from the food that you are paying for, you have to pay for the delivery charges. Many online foods delivery system charges money on per deliverance. This creates a big difference on the part of the customer.
- Take your food with you: another method that the food industry has included is you order the food via the app and can take away your food when it is ready. This allows you to save money rather than spending it on.
- Buy in bulk: when you are ordering food, order in bulk. It would help you with the pay. When you order food in a bulk the amount reduces. Takeaways system reward larger orders. They give them many benefits that suit their purpose. It not only benefits the restaurant but also the customer.
- Look for discounts: there are many good restaurants that give a discount on various occasions. This would not burn a hole in their pocket allowing them with more possibility.
- Look for students discount: there are many restaurants that give discount offers to students. Always ask for them. It would save a small amount of money on your part.
- Cook your own food: why don’t we just cook our own food? It is more healthy, more nutritious, and doesn’t cost us that much and even the taste is better. Cooking at home can be beneficial as it would allow people to have a friendly conversation. Cooking is something that burns the bridges.
While we are looking for our own convenience, our money is being spent on petty things. Just because we have the means to spend without even thinking twice, doesn’t mean we should. There are people who are struggling to earn a day’s bread, many hungry people out there barely making a living with hot food in their belly. Does it seem fair to spend so irresponsibly? We have to take a step to cause. We have to come together and stand strong.